The different stages of a risk assessment are:
- Identify Hazards – You could be actively looking for potential hazards or simply notice something that could be potentially hazardous whilst carrying out your day-to-day activities.
- Assessing Risks – Having identified a hazard, you must then make an assessment of what risks to people’s safety it could cause.
- Take Precautions – Decide what actions will prevent or minimise the risks.
- Document – Record the hazards, risks and actions on a risk assessment form along with any procedures.
- Review – Regularly review the risk assessment to keep it in line with current legislation and working practices and record any changes.