My current role is to assist two young adults with learning disabilities and autism to live as independent a life as possible. This includes:
- helping with meal planning and preparation and maintaining a healthy diet
- helping to plan and organise activities
- finance management
- assisting with personal development
- helping to maintain a good standard of health and hygiene
- helping to maintain a clean and clutter-free household
- assistance with medication
I also have responsibilities to the organisation work for, which includes:
- minimising legal risks
- following company policies and procedures
- working in a cost-effective manner
- seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth
As well as following internal policies, I am also obliged to ensure I work within legal guidelines including health and safety legislation and CQC compliance.
I work with a person-centred values approach, which means that I always treat each service user as an individual and support them in a way that is preferential to them using a mutually agreed care plan.
A copy of my job description has been provided as evidence.