This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 4.2 Explain where additional advice, guidance or support can be accessed to improve own practice (Level 2 Diploma in Care, Contribute to the support of individuals with multiple conditions and/or disabilities)
There are many sources of additional advice, guidance or support that you may access to improve your own care practice. Some examples include:
- The individuals that you care for – listen and take on board to what they tell you
- Your manager (including informal chats and formal supervision, observations, appraisal etc.)
- Your co-workers (during induction or handover as well as during team meetings)
- Formal training (either in-house or from an external agency)
- Other professionals e.g. social workers, nurses, GPs, advocates etc.
- The family/friends of the individuals you care for
- Leaflets, posters etc.
- Your own research (e.g. at the local library or via the Internet)