Standard 4 of the Care Certificate explores equality, diversity, inclusion and discrimination.
It looks at best practices to ensure inclusion and equality in your setting, why it is important, relevant legislation and sources of further information.
It consists of 3 learning outcomes, each consisting of 3 assessment criteria.
- 4.1 Understand the importance of equality and inclusion
- 4.2 Work in an inclusive way
- 4.2a Identify which legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to their own role
- 4.2b Demonstrate interaction with individuals that respects their beliefs, culture, values and preferences
- 4.2c Describe how to challenge discrimination in a way that encourages positive change
- 4.3 Access information, advice and support about diversity, equality and inclusion
NOTE: All of these Care Certificate assessment criteria have equivalent assessment criteria in the Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification, so the above links divert to that section.