Promote Effective Handling of Information in Care Settings for the Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care explores the importance of accurate record-keeping and the storage and security of information.
It consists of 3 learning outcomes, each consisting of between 2 and 4 assessment criteria.
- 1. Understand requirements for handling information in care settings.
- 2. Be able to implement good practice in handling information.
- 2.1 Describe features of manual and electronic information storage systems that help ensure security.
- 2.2 Demonstrate practices that ensure security when storing and accessing information.
- 2.3 Maintain records that are up-to-date, complete, accurate and legible.
- 2.4 Support audit processes in line with own role and responsibilities.
- 3. Be able to support others to handle information.
NOTE: Several of these assessment criteria link to equivalent criteria in the Level 2 Diploma in Care.