The Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care unit ‘Personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings‘ explores several topics relating to professional development including roles and responsibilities, reflective practice, Personal Development Plans (PDPs) and evidence-based practice.
It is made up of 6 learning outcomes, each consisting of several assessment criteria.
- Understand what is required for competence in own work role
- 1.1 Explain the duties and responsibilities of own work role
- 1.2 Explain expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant standards
- 1.3 Describe ways to ensure that personal attitudes or beliefs do not obstruct the quality of own work
- 1.4 Explain why competence includes using own behaviour to model person-centred values and practice
- Be able to reflect on practice
- Be able to evaluate own performance
- Be able to use reflective practice to contribute to personal development
- Be able to agree a personal development plan
- 5.1 Use data and information to plan and review own development
- 5.2 Work with others to review and prioritise own learning needs, professional interests, and development opportunities
- 5.3 Work with others to agree own personal development plan
- 5.4 Take steps to develop own leadership and mentoring skills
- Be able to use evidence-based practice