The NCFE Cache Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism is designed to give learners a broad overview of Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and develop an understanding of how to support individuals with autism.
It is a knowledge-based qualification, which means it can be completed without direct experience in a work environment. A portfolio of evidence, consisting primarily of written work, is sufficient to achieve this qualification. It also has no prior learning requirements.
It consists of six mandatory units:
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives