The unit ‘Governance & Regulatory Process for the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care explores legislation, regulation, governance, compliance and the inspection process in adult care settings.
As well as national legislation and regulation, internal governance within your own organisation is also covered as well as the roles and responsibilities of individuals.
There are 6 learning outcomes, and a total of 19 assessment criteria.
- 1. Understand legislation and statutory requirements that underpin adult care provision
- 2. Understand internal governance arrangements within own organisation
- 3. Understand systems and requirements for regulation of adult care services
- 4. Understand roles and responsibilities in registered services
- 5. Understand inspection processes
- 6. Understand wider ranges of regulatory requirements that apply to services