The Personal Development Unit of the Level 2 Diploma in Care is designed to to give care workers an awareness of the skills they need to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding so that they are able to improve over time.
It begins with what the role of a care worker is and relevant standards and discusses why personal opinions and beliefs should not affect work.
It goes on to explore self-reflection, getting feedback and completing learning activities as well as the importance of a Personal Development Plan.
It is split into four learning outcomes with a range of assessment criteria for each:
- Understand what is required for competence in own work role
- Be able to reflect on own work activities
- Be able to agree a personal development plan
- Be able to develop knowledge, skills and understanding
- 4.1 Show how a learning activity has improved own knowledge, skills and understanding
- 4.2 Show how reflecting on a situation has improved own knowledge, skills and understanding
- 4.3 Explain the importance of continuing professional development
- 4.4 Show how feedback from others has developed own knowledge, skills and understanding
- 4.5 Show how to record progress in relation to personal development