This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 2.1d Contribute to drawing up own personal development plan (Care Certificate, Standard 2: Your Personal Development)
- 2.1e Agree a personal development plan (Care Certificate, Standard 2: Your Personal Development)
- 3.3 Contribute and agree to own personal development plan (Level 2 Diploma in Care, Personal development in care settings)
- 4.3 Work with others to agree own personal development plan (Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care, Promote personal development in care settings)
- 5.3 Work with others to agree own personal development plan (Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care, Personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings)
NOTE: This page has been quality assured for 2021 as per our Quality Assurance policy.
To achieve this assessment criteria you will need to provide evidence that you have collaborated with your manager to create your own Personal Development Plan (PDP).
The most useful piece of evidence will be your PDP itself but you can also support this with minutes from your PDP meetings, mentions of your PDP in supervisions/appraisals and a testimonial from your line manager.
You should be able to show how you have:
- thought about and reflected on your strengths, weaknesses and goals
- discussed your learning needs with your line manager
- agreed on objectives for your personal development with your line manager
- worked towards your objectives
- reviewed and updated your objectives, as necessary
Before discussing your Personal Development Plan with your manager, you should prepare by reflecting on your practice and identifying learning needs. You will also find it useful to request feedback from others about your practice – this can include co-workers, other professionals that you work with, the individuals that you care for and their family.
Example Personal Development Plan and Related Personal Statement
Along with my manager, I have been fully involved in creating my personal development plan. In recent supervision, I suggested that I work towards my Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2, which my manager agreed with and we set a timescale for doing it within 12 months, with me to report back on my progress in each supervision. I have requested practical first aid training on multiple occasions but, as yet, have not received any. In another supervision, my manager asked me to be the Key Worker for a particular client, which I agreed to.
|1. Level 2 Diploma||12 mths||1. Enroll on course (done)|
2. Complete nine core units (done)
3. Complete optional units (in progress)
|2. First Aid Training||6 mths||1. Ask in supervision (done)|
2. Ask again in supervision as not been actioned (done)
3. Await manager response. Bring up in next supervision if necessary.
|3. Become Key Worker||3 mths||1. Learn key worker responsibilities (done)|
2. Practice key worker responsibilities in work (in progress)