The Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care unit ‘Professional Practice in Health and Social Care for Adults or Children and Young People‘ explores theories, values, principles and statutory frameworks that underpin health and social care practice as well as the important responsibility of duty of care.
It has 4 learning outcomes consisting of several assessment criteria.
- Understand theories, values, principles and statutory frameworks that underpin practice within health and social care
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practice
- Understand how to address conflicts and dilemmas that may arise between an individual’s rights to choice and control and the duty of care
- 3.1 Explain why conflicts and dilemmas may arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights
- 3.2 Explain how to manage risks associated with conflicts and dilemmas between an individual’s rights and the duty of care
- 3.3 Describe where to get support and advice about managing conflicts and dilemmas
- Be able to apply values, principles and statutory frameworks that underpin service provision in own area of work