NOTE: This section is still under development.
The Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care is a nationally recognised qualification for practitioners that have a senior or lead role in adult social care.
There are several registered awarding bodies (such as City & Guilds) that have designed the courses along with the learning outcomes and assessment criteria in line with the standards published by Skills for Care. The criteria (and unit numbers) can vary between awarding bodies. The courses are usually delivered and assessed by other training providers (such as colleges) in adherence to the rules and regulations of the awarding body. The information on this website is based on the City & Guilds qualification but qualifications from other providers will be very similar as they are all based on the Skills for Care standards.
Learners must achieve a total of 70 credits to complete this course. This will be comprised of 36 credits from the 12 mandatory units, with the remaining 34 credits from specialised optional units.
The mandatory units are:
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Advanced communication skills
- Personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Equality and diversity in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Facilitate person-centred assessment to support well-being of individuals
- Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support well being
- Understand personalisation in care and support services
- Health and safety in health and social care settings
- Professional practice in health and social care for adults or children and young people
- Safeguard children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Understand safeguarding and protection in health and social care settings
Please note: Although marked as complete, these study guides have not yet been quality assured (as per our Quality Assurance Policy)