Taking ownership of your own personal development is an important part of working in the health and social care industry. You need to ensure that your knowledge, skills and understanding are complete and up to date to ensure that you can perform your job role effectively.
Standard 2 is designed to make you think about and assess your current abilities and some of the techniques you can use to continuously improve your practice. Your goals and progress should be recorded in a Personal Development Plan (PDP).
There are two learning outcomes comprising of various assessment criteria:
- 2.1 Agree a Personal Development Plan
- 2.1a Identify sources of support for their own learning and development
- 2.1b Describe the process for agreeing a personal development plan and who should be involved
- 2.1c Explain why feedback from others is important in helping to develop and improve the way they work
- 2.1d Contribute to drawing up own personal development plan
- 2.1e Agree a personal development plan
- 2.2 Develop their knowledge, skills and understanding
- 2.2a Describe the functional level of literacy, numeracy and communication skills necessary to carry out their role
- 2.2b Explain how to check their current level of literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- 2.2c Describe how a learning activity has improved their own knowledge, skills and understanding
- 2.2d Describe how reflecting on a situation has improved their own knowledge, skills and understanding
- 2.2e Describe how feedback from others has developed their own knowledge, skills and understanding
- 2.2f Demonstrate how to measure their own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards
- 2.2g List the learning opportunities available to them and how they can use them to improve the way they work
- 2.2h Demonstrate how to record progress in relation to their personal development
- 2.2i Explain why continuing professional development is important
Please note: There is a lot of crossover in the mapping of Care Certificate skills with Level 2 Diploma in Care skills, so where questions are virtually identical the same learning resources are used.