The unit ‘Decision Making in Adult Care’ for the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care explores models and methods of decision-making as an individual or group process and the analysis of data used to inform decisions.
There are just 2 learning outcomes, and a total of 9 assessment criteria.
- 1. Understand how to make effective and positive decisions
- 2. Carry out and reflect on effective decision making
- 2.1 Evaluating range, purpose and situation for effective decision making
- 2.2 Providing support to engage others in the decision making process
- 2.3 Using factual data, recommendations, suggestions and ideas in a logical and purposeful manner to inform decision making
- 2.4 Reviewing available information and make valid decisions
- 2.5 Reflecting on their own decision making practices and areas for further development
PLEASE NOTE: The information on this website is no substitute for your own research. Legislation and best practice changes and this website will not always be up-to-date. You should use more authoritative sources (NHS, government, SCIE etc.) to back up your arguments. In addition, you will need to explain how these principles relate to your own role and your own setting. However, the information on this website will hopefully point you in the right direction 🙂