The Duty of Care in Care Settings unit of the Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care explores duty of care and how it relates to your job role.
It begins by explaining what duty of care and duty of candour are and their relation to the protection and safeguarding of individuals before looking at the balance of duty of care and individual’s rights and managing complaints.
It is split into 3 learning outcomes, each consisting of either 2 or 3 assessment criteria.
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practice
- Know how to address conflicts or dilemmas that may arise between an individual’s rights and the duty of care
- 2.1 Describe conflicts or dilemmas that may arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights
- 2.2 Describe how to manage risks associated with conflicts or dilemmas between an individual’s rights and the duty of care
- 2.3 Explain where to get additional support and advice about conflicts and dilemmas
- Know how to respond to complaints
NOTE: Many of the level 3 assessment criteria direct to similar criteria in the Care Certificate/Level 2 Diploma in Care as they are very similar or identical.