The Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care unit ‘Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support well being‘ explores theories and principles of outcome-based practice and applying this knowledge to support planning and reviewing. Assistive living technologies are also discussed.
It is made up of 5 learning outcomes, each with several assessment criteria.
- Understand the theories and principles that underpin outcome based practice
- Be able to develop a support plan to meet the identified needs of an individual
- 2.1 Support an individual to make choices over decisions to meet their identified needs, preferences and wishes
- 2.2 Assist an individual to make informed choices about their support plan
- 2.3 Evaluate risks associated with a support plan
- 2.4 Assist an individual to understand the risks associated with the choices they make in their support plan
- 2.5 Work in partnership with an individual and others to identify options, resources and preferences in relation to an assessment
- 2.6 Record a plan according to organisational systems and processes to support information sharing.
- Understand the value of assistive living technology in developing a support plan
- Be able to facilitate the implementation of support plans in partnership with the individual and others
- Be able to facilitate a person centered review of support plans in partnership with the individual and others
- 5.1 Agree the monitoring process for a support plan: a. time, b. people, c. budget, d. compliance with regulators’ standards
- 5.2 Use systems, procedures and practices that engage an individual and others in the review process according to agreed ways of working
- 5.3 Review a support plan to include: a. feedback from an individual and others b. assessed risks
- 5.4 Record review process and outcomes according to organisational systems and procedures to support information sharing