We asked 100 visitors to DSDWEB.CO.UK if they found the website useful.
After responding, we also asked them why.
All responses were anonymous.
This post takes a look at this data and responds to the comments that we received.
Before I begin, I just want to say a big ‘Thank You’ to everyone that took the time to respond to the poll and leave their comments. Your feedback makes all the work that has gone into the website worthwhile and helps us to make it better in the future.
As you can see, a whopping 88% of visitors found the website useful.
This tells us that the work we have put into it has not gone to waste and we are providing a useful resource to the care sector.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 12%?
Twelve out of 100 website visitors did not find the website useful.
The feedback they supplied is shown below along with our reply:
- “ all of its confusing ” – We’re sorry you find it confusing. Fill in our contact form or join our facebook group and we will try to help and clarify things for you.
- “ Carnt find what I’m looking for ” – Apologies. If you haven’t already done so, try using the red search feature that is on the top right of every page (or underneath the main text on mobile). It may be that you are doing an optional unit that we haven’t yet published – there are over 100 optional units for Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas so please bear with us!
- “ Not what I wanted ” – No worries – thanks for visiting.
- “ No time sorry” – No worries, thank you for your feedback and do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance in future.
- “ NOTHING ” – Okay
- “ interrupting ” – We’re guessing the little pop-up box asking if you found the website useful was what was interrupting. Apologies for this but asking for feedback is important to us as it helps us improve. We only use the pop-up when we have something important to ask.
- “ have not start using it ” – Obviously we asked you the question too soon. In future we will look at only asking visitors questions when they have visited multiple pages.
- “ not ” – Okay
- “ thanks ” – Okay
- “ No ” – Okay
- “ its crap ” – Okay
- “ Because it’s not giving me the answer I need ” – As stated earlier, there are a lot of optional units that we haven’t written/published yet but we will get there in the end.
The main points seem to be:
- Some people can’t find what they are looking for
- Some people just clicked ‘No’ to get rid of the pop-up box asking them the question
Next time we run a poll we will try to give an option to just close the pop-up rather than having to give an answer to close it. We will also steam ahead with getting more optional units onto the website to make it more comprehensive.
WHAT ARE THE COMMENTS OF THE VISITORS THAT SAID “YES”?
The comments of those that found the website useful are below:
- “ it is clear and concise ”
- “ has helped me with mu assignment ”
- “ descriptive answers ”
- “ good ”
- “ good ”
- “ helpful ”
- “ is good for my work. ”
- “ Has giving me ideas as to how communication needs to be looked at. ”
- “ Informative ”
- “ helped me with my studies ”
- “ corse work ”
- “ a lot of information ”
- “ brilliant ”
- “ Things are explained well ,very useful ”
- “ o ”
- “ gives good information ”
- “ superb ”
- “ its amaing ”
- “ good ”
- “ l ”
- “ useful info for diploma ”
- “ gives answers to questions i need to answer ”
- “ clear and concise ”
- “ helps me wiyh my nvq ”
- “ it gives me some examples of information for what I need”
- “ Answer to my question ”
- “ hello ”
- “ gave me an idea what to write on my own work ”
- “ great ”
- “ It has given me the correct way to answer questions. ”
- “ eeererr ”
- “ OK ”
- “ It had the ifo I needed ”
- “ Helping me very much in my course work ”
- “ I am doing my N.V.Q and need help. Thank you. ”
- “ It had a good description which helped with my work, but you could go into a little more detail ”
- “ it is easy for me understand. thank you. ”
- “ good ”
- “ It helped me understand and learn more skilful knowledge. ”
- “ Lots of little refreshers to help you understand questions ”
- “ Helpful ”
- “ great ”
- “ This website helps the thought process kick into gear. It provides the start of the discussion for the student to develop further in their own words. Thanks! ”
- “ Sick website my g ”
- “ info is brilliant ”
- “ ***** ”
- “ Yes ”
- “ I didn’t know how to word my answer and this helps ”
- “ YES ”
- “ Thank you ”
- “ it has enriched my knowledge in health and social care. ”
- “ i have received relevant and helpful answers ”
- “ because its got simple explanation to some questions along with good examples ”
- “ helps explain questions ang gives examples ”
- “ very useful ”
- “ ; ”
- “ information has been presented clearly and easily understood ”
- “ yes good examples ”
- “ find the answer ”
- “ it has hone and improve my skills ”
- “ yes ”
- “ very helpful to giveing information to support learning ”
- “ Helps me with my work ”
- “ good information ”
- “ I’m terrible at putting my thoughts down the right way, and really understanding what the question is asking. ”
- “ got me an answers ”
- “ It’s provided me with the answers I require for my assignment. ”
- “ ok ”
- “ Very helpful ”
- “ because im doing the care certificate. Helps me put into words the knowledge I already have which is 30+ years experience ”
- “ i’m here to find some answers ,for my NvQ LEVEL2 ”
- “ All the answers are available and it helps individuals doing this course to understand the care certificate and standards. ”
- “ Good material to study ”
- “ . ”
- “ Useful information ”
- “ wait ”
- “ doing my diploma ”
- “ its useful ”
- “ helped with my level 3 ”
- “INFORMATION HAS BEEN PRESENTED IN CLEAR WAY AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND ”
- “ just helpful ”
- “ amazing I feel its guiding slowly and am so happy I found it. ”
- “ I fund all info for my nvq level 2 ,but im not copy paste,i wil use my skils to add ”
- “ it helps with areas that I as a brand new staff member haven’t learnt yet in the course of my job ”
- “ Saved me time ”
- “ Informative ”
- “ still on it ”
- “ Clear information ”
Lots of positive feedback there (as well as a few random comments).
Te data we received from running this poll (thanks again to everyone that took the time to answer) will be used to shape the website going forward.
Although we are helping a lot of people, there is still room for improvement and we will continue to develop and get better. We will do this by:
- Getting more optional units online
- Creating a less intrusive poll
- Looking at the structure of the website to see if we can make navigation more intuitive
Next time we run the poll, we want to get over 90% of visitors finding the website useful.
In the meantime, if you have any suggestions on how to improve the website, please do not hesitate to contact us.