The Level 4 Diploma in Care unit ‘Facilitate Person-Centred Assessment to Support Well-Being of Individuals‘ explores the theoretical models of assessment and putting them into practice in a person-centred way.
It is made up of 3 learning outcomes, each comprising of several assessment criteria.
- Understand theories and principles of assessment
- Be able to work in partnership with an individual and others to facilitate person-centred assessment
- 2.1 Agree with an individual and others the purpose of the assessment
- 2.2 Agree with an individual and others the intended outcomes of the assessment
- 2.3 Agree with an individual and others how the assessment should be carried out and who else should be involved
- 2.4 Ensure that an individual is supported to carry out self-assessment process.
- Be able to carry out person-centred assessment that promotes social, emotional, cultural, spiritual and intellectual wellbeing
- 3.1 Analyse the interrelationship between factors that support an individual’s wellbeing
- 3.2 Take account of the strengths and aspirations of an individual in the assessment
- 3.3 Work with an individual and others to assess requirements to support wellbeing: a. social, b. emotional, c. cultural, d. spiritual, e. intellectual, f. economic
- 3.4 Record the assessment in an agreed format according to organisational policies and procedures.