This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 2.4 Support audit processes in line with own role and responsibilities. (Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care, Promote effective handling of information in care settings)
Audits are used to identify vulnerabilities and risks within an organisation by testing and monitoring security and efficiency.
The audit processes you are involved relating to data handling in will depend on your particular role and responsibilities. This could mean:
- checking paperwork to ensure that it is filled in correctly
- reporting any security issues you discover
- performing monthly checks on Medication Administration Record (MAR) sheets
- ensuring staff are following correct practices
- reviewing policies and procedures
Although you may not be responsible for conducting data storage/security or GDPR audits yourself, it is important that you are able to contribute to the audit process.