This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 3.1 Apply current legislation relating to health and safety in own work setting (Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care, Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Settings)
NOTE: Although this page has been marked as complete, it has not yet been peer-reviewed or quality-assured, therefore it should be considered a ‘first draft’ and any information should be fact-checked independently.
For this assessment criterion, you will be required to demonstrate that you are competent in the application of health and safety legislation and regulation during your day-to-day activities.
Your assessor will probably perform several observations that can be used as evidence towards your use of health and safety law as part of your role. Some ways of demonstrating this could include:
- Going through the risk assessment process
- Correct use and storage of cleaning products
- Correct disposal of unneeded medication by returning it to the pharmacy
- Recording a work-related injury in the accident book
- Performing smoke alarm/CO monitor checks
- Ensuring evacuation routes remain uncluttered
- Correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Health and safety should be an integral part of your day-to-day role and there should be ample opportunities for your assessor to gather evidence of your adherence to health and safety law.