This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 3.3 Complete health and safety records according to legal and work setting requirements (Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care, Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Settings)
NOTE: This page has been quality assured for 2023 as per our Quality Assurance policy.
For this assessment criterion, you will be required to demonstrate that you are able to competently complete health and safety records according to legal and work-setting requirements. This means that the records that you make must comply with legislation, regulation and your employer’s policies and procedures.
Health and safety records could include:
- Risk assessments
- Accident/incident book logs
- Smoke alarm and fire safety equipment safety check logs
- Other equipment safety check logs
- Drug stock checks
- Health and safety concerns
Your organisation’s policies and procedures will have been developed to ensure that you comply with legislation, therefore, you should ensure that your record-keeping follows organisational agreed ways of working.
Your organisation will specify how information should be recorded. This could be a paper-based system or a computer-based system. It is important that all your records are up-to-date, complete, accurate and legible. You should also ensure that records are kept secure so that sensitive information can only be accessed by authorised personnel.