This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 4.5 Challenge poor practice or failure to work in agreed ways (Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care, Relationships and partnership working)
NOTE: Although this page has been marked as complete, it has not yet been peer-reviewed or quality-assured, therefore it should be considered a ‘first draft‘ and any information should be fact-checked independently.
Learners challenge, in ways to promote change, any poor practice or failure to work in agreed ways:
- Learners agree with professionals and other agencies ways of working that support the duty of care in line with legislative requirements (Law of Torte).
- Learners agree with professionals and other agencies ways of recording and reporting poor practice to relevant responsible organisations in line with requirements
- Learners challenge and act responsibly to promote change when actions that could cause harm, or fail to support the best interest of the individual in receipt of care, are identified or reported when working with professionals and other agencies
- Learners ensure that whistle-blowing processes are agreed as part of ways of working with professionals and other agencies