This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 1.1 Legislation relating to safeguarding adults (Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care, Safeguarding, Protection and Risk)
NOTE: Although this page has been marked as complete, it has not yet been peer-reviewed or quality-assured, therefore it should be considered a ‘first draft’ and any information should be fact-checked independently.
Learners summarise key aspects of legislation, which applies to safeguarding and whistleblowing in adult care services in their management and leadership role.
Examples of relevant legal requirements and provisions:
- Care Act 2014
- regulations relating to mental capacity
- regulations relating to mental health
- regulations relating to LPS/Dols
- Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups 2006
- Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998
- Health and Social Care Act 2012
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Children and Families Act 2014