This page is designed to answer the following questions:
- 2.4. Give examples of how the rights of individuals with autism can be promoted. (Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism)
NOTE: This page has been quality assured for 2023 as per our Quality Assurance policy.
Some individuals with autism may not be able to advocate for themselves and so others may need to help them to promote their rights.
Examples of ways that the rights of individuals autism can be promoted include:
- Ensuring that employers, educational institutions, and service providers make reasonable adjustments for individuals with autism
- Providing training and awareness about the challenges of individuals with autism
- Challenging prejudice and discrimination when it occurs
- Supporting individuals to make their own choices, even if you do not agree with them
- Helping individuals to achieve their own goals, even if they are difficult