Explain who needs to be informed of any incidents where restrictive interventions have been used

NOTE: Please be aware that the information on this page is a very rough draft and has not been fact-checked so should be used accordingly (taken with a pinch of salt)! However, it should (hopefully) give you some pointers and set you off in the right direction.

If a restrictive intervention must be used, it is necessary to contact the service manager. Depending on the situations, the emergency services may need to be contacted (police if a crime has been committed or an ambulance if there are injuries). Social Services and health professionals (e.g. GP, psychologist) may also need to be informed and the family of the individual may also need to be contacted.