Following a behaviour by an individual, it will be useful to encourage them to consider the impact that their behaviour has had on themselves and others as part of a debrief.
This can help an individual understand the consequences that their behaviour has and can build motivation to manage it better in the future.
Some of the repercussions of the behaviour may be:
- Injury to self or others
- Exclusion from activities in the future
- Friends/family/staff not wanting to associate with them
- Damage to or loss of property (own or others)
- Financial costs
- Police intervention/prosecution/litigation
- Upset, anger or sadness to themselves or others
- Being late for an activity or the activity being cancelled
- Decreased health or hygiene